kindness360 community service usually springs from a desire and drive to serve individuals (without discrimination) – it is essentially selflessness multiplied, but the president of the United States seeks to recognize our generous volunteers just the same. That’s why the Presidential Volunteer Service Award was created, a national honor offered in recognition of sustained service to our missions. One of our missions is this blog – kindness360 Blog. It was created in an effort to try and change the uncivil, unkind behaviors in the United States that has exploded in the recent years.
The President’s Volunteer Service Award recognizes individuals, families and groups who have achieved a certain standard of voluntarily, uncompensated written articles or other matter published on the www.blog.kindness360.org site (for at least one (1) full 24 hour period — measured by the number of hours served over a 12-month period or cumulative hours earned over the course of a lifetime.
kindness360 is a certifying organization for these awards. Our volunteer writers can earn an official lapel pin, personalized certificate of achievement, and a congratulatory letter from the president of the United States based on certain service requirements.
To apply for the award through kindness360, all of our candidates must have documented their volunteer writing activities (such as blog posts, editing, drafting) and the number of hours served in that writing activity. This record of service may be a diary, calendar or timesheet with proof of service documented and verified by one of our kindness360 representatives.
Candidates must meet the number of hours designated by the President’s Volunteer Service Award to reach the bronze, silver or gold levels of service.
TEAM AWARDS: A timesheet of days/hours and proper verification of individual hours for EACH TEAM MEMBER must be included with a team submission. Team is defined as 2-50 people. Maximum number of people on a team is 50. (See below.) Each team member must have at least of 25 hours.
If you are submitting hours as part of a team, you cannot apply for an individual award.
If you are submitting hours as an individual, you cannot be part of a team award.
1. For team awards, each member contributing to the total number of hours must have served 25 hours or more, and each team member must submit timesheets and verification as part of the team submission.
2. Candidates must submit a documented record of volunteer writing activities and hours served. This record of service may be handwritten or computer/typewriter generated and may be in the form of a diary, calendar or timesheet.
If your service involved over night stays, such as volunteering at a writing camp, only direct contact hours/hours on task may be counted. (for example, sleeping, eating and driving hours do not count.)
Your time log must reflect each day you volunteered and the hours served on those days. (A Range of dates with total hours are not acceptable. For example: March 1-15, 2014, 40 hours or July 2017-March 2017, 200 hours.)
Hours served fulfilling your responsibilities as a local, state or national officer do not count for the PVSA (however, volunteer writing activities performed while an officer are acceptable).
3. A letter from every agency, organization, school, church, etc., (on their letterhead) where you volunteered must accompany your time sheet and be signed by an agency representative verifying your hours. Verifying letters must be on the organization’s letterhead.
4. Candidates must submit a letter of nomination from one of the following: the direct supervisor/agency representative working with the candidate, a school administrator, Chapter, school or college advisor or kindness360 state director.
5. Proof of kindness360 membership must be submitted. Proof of membership can be a copy of a membership roster, your membership card, a certificate or verification from your Chapter, school or college advisor or state director.
6. Candidates must meet the number of hours designated by the Presidential Volunteer Service Award. (See below.)
7. To qualify to receive the PVSA from kindness360 in June 2018, candidates must have performed hours within a single 12-month period. Hours prior to January 1, 2017, do not apply unless you are submitting for the Lifetime Award.
Once the documentation is received (not postmarked) by March 30, kindness360 will verify all records and confirm that the candidate has completed the number of service hours in good standing as required to earn a President’s Volunteer Service Award.
Faxed or Emailed entries are not accepted.
Mail entries to:
President’s Volunteer Service Award
101-3 Bond Street
La Porte, Indiana 46350
Entries must be received (not postmarked) by March 30.
For questions, call: 219-207-2414; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the President’s Volunteer Service Award Program is available at: www.presidentialserviceawards.gov
(any consecutive 12 months between Jan. 1, 2017 and March 30, 2018)
* In families and groups, each member contributing to the total number of hours must have served 25 hours or more and each team member must submit timesheets and verification as part of the team submission.